Solo preguntado en Family & RelationshipsFriends · hace 3 años

Why college is sooooo depressing?

During my senior year in high school I started thinking about how difficult school would be, but I never imagined it would be such a depressing situation.

Apart from the fact that the teachers leave tons of difficult homework, demand that you pay attention to them every moment of the class, and also the fact that for any mistake you can fail the class.

One semester is enough to realize and feel how depressing college are, also people makes me angry. It is very difficult to start a conversation with my classmates or any other person inside the college, the main reason why is because the teacher don't let anyone to talk during the class unless it's a question about what he/she said or about the work; nothing more. Second reason: there is no such lunch break, you are the one who decide if one hour between classes will be free for you to eat something but there is no a common hour. Third reason: selfishness and self-centeredness, Damn !! I sometimes want to punch some of my classmates in the face, why me worries about the welfare of others but none of those asss holes worries even with asking how are you, those people just text you when need something, ***** yall classmates, why ??????

Actualización:

In the first line it should be college instead of just school, and in the last line I type fuu--ck

7 respuestas

Relevancia
  • hace 3 años

It maybe just your college. I love college. Also do you commute or do you live on campus? Sometimes that can be a big difference in your college experience.

• Mike
    Lv 7
    hace 3 años

Welcome to the real world. You have to figure out your own schedule and you're responsible for making mistakes now. If you think college is hard, actual life is going to kick your ***.

• hace 3 años

The truth is that College rocks, just that you weren't ready to go. This sort of thing happens all the time. You just may need to sit it out a year or two before you will be ready for it, and it will still be there when you are ready. Thus it sounds like you need to have a heart to heart with your parents about how miserable you are now. Take a break and getting a job is perfect therapy for someone like you to come to realize that College (and adulthood) is far different than what you are used to doing.

• hace 3 años

If you have some sort of motivation it will surely help the depression throughout college, if there is a certain job you desire, or starting a family that will help immensely. Ignore your classmates, if they need something from you don't directly give it to them be kinda like a d*ck to them. Just remember that hard work pays off.

• ¿Qué te parecieron las respuestas? Puedes iniciar sesión para votar por la respuesta.
  • Anónimo
    hace 3 años

You could be depressed yourself, and I doubt asking on here will change that. Yahoo is terrible.

• hace 3 años

Because in college, you're expected to start acting like a responsible adult. You're not in class to chat and make friends, or to make noise and cause distractions to the other students. You're in class to learn what you need to learn to get a better career. It's up to you to plan your day - when to eat, when to study - because that's what adults do, especially educated adults with good jobs and a lot of responsibilities, which is generally what people are trying to become, if they're in college. It's no one else's responsibility to look after you and care for you. Again, you're supposed to be growing up and acting like an adult now. If you want to make friends, see if your college has clubs, study groups, and other social opportunities and support for students, outside of class. Or maybe go to church or find something to do off campus.

• hace 3 años

I wonder what country you are in that has such colleges.

¿Aún tienes preguntas? Pregunta ahora para obtener respuestas.