Hard disk became inaccessible after Norton GoBack problem

It all began when my 6 year old computer stopped letting me into Windows, and it showed the message: GoBack Internal Error Failure Code: gb_ui_support(1199) Press any key to continue... And that was a loop. Anyway, I searched this problem on the site, and found my solution (which was a file downloaded from... mostrar más It all began when my 6 year old computer stopped letting me into Windows, and it showed the message:
GoBack Internal Error
Failure Code: gb_ui_support(1199)
Press any key to continue...
And that was a loop.
Anyway, I searched this problem on the site, and found my solution (which was a file downloaded from the Symantec site that allows me to disable GoBack).
Link:
http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/gob...

Now, the problem is:

I have 2 hard disk drives, one is master of 40 GB, and the other one is slave of 160 GB. Of course Windows is on the master, but I remember that the GoBack files were stored on the first partition of the slave.
I did as the solution says, inserted the CD, and it ran. It told me that I will be able to continue uninstalling from Windows when the machine restarts. But the next thing that happened was a Boot Failure - system halted. I then went to the Setup of my motherboard to find that it recognizes the hard disk as the Primary IDE drive, but on the boot menu it does not see it at all, only sees the slave drive! so it doesn't boot from it. ( And then I don't know what the GoBack fix did exactly)

I took both hard drives, connected them one by one to another computer in my place. The slave drive is now back to normal, partitions can now be read correctly, no data loss, thanks to the solution. But the master one does not show anything. However Device Manager sees it, and the strange thing is that the boot menu in this PC can see it, but still can't boot from it! (says Boot Failure, and moves on to boot from CD-Rom).
Furthermore, I put it alone on the new PC, tried a Bootable Windows XP CD, started setup, then when it usually shows you the partitions to select one to setup Windows on, it told me:
Setup can not access this hard disk, though it counted its space correctly (38xxx MB). I exited setup, now what ?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give.
Feel free to ask for further details if needed
Actualizar: sewrobb,
thanks for the shot.
But actually I don't wanna do this because the data on the hard drive are more important to me than the hardware itself.
5 respuestas 5